Acquista l'abbonamento Premium per nascondere tutta la pubblicità

Il post originale

Postato da tophat, 11.05.2013 - 17:44
AtWar World Cup

Started!

Pool A http://challonge.com/AtWarWorldCupPoolA
Pool B http://challonge.com/AtWarWorldCupPoolB

Rules: (standard)

Funds: 10k default (changeable if both sides agree)
Turns: 50
Map: Europe+ default (changeable)
Minutes: 4min default (changeable)
Teams: 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4
Victory conditions: Capture enemy capital and hold it for 2 turns
Rares: NONE
100 add cities.

All games must be reported with a screenshot.

Each team will play every team from their pool once (4 games each in total). The top 8 teams from both pools will proceed to the single elimination phase. The bottom 2 teams, however, will be eliminated. Amongst the top 8 teams, of course, by tradition, will be sorted by seeds such as the following:

1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

This will be according to win/loss ratio. If in the result of a tie, it will be determined by earned SP in each match by each player. So be sure to take a screenshot of the points, and not simply the won/loss message box.

For the points, it will be the earned sp of each player, not the accumulative received from enemies and so on. (That would require SSs from everyone and it would be too complicated) Also, I think this system is fair enough.

Teams: (countries)

The players who asked to participate are marked in white, whilst the
players I marked in red are those whom I've added for back up. For
instance, if a player from a team goes inactive they can message
these players, (marked in red) to play for them.

United States of America: Madara, Acquiesce, Thunderballs, Spart, Nateballer, Primal, Otokonoko

Canada: TopHats, Desu, Stomach Ulcers

Great Britain: Iom, LDK, Arbitrator, V-dog115

Brasil: Columna Durruti, Suwkz, Pinheiro, Pulse, reckoner

Austria: Safari, Chess

Turkey: Tesla, Bargain, BertanK, von sheczar, Deo Volente, LandBreaker, TheConqueror

Jordan: Comrade In Arms, EAB, 24th April 1915, Commander

Netherlands: Hugosch, Dbacks, Waffel

Serbia: Pera, Mauzer Panteri, Eagle Observes

Lebanon: time, Lemonade

18.05.2013 - 05:30
Everything that Terminal just said. For example, I'd like to play. And it's impossible. Konstantin is inactive. SvenKarp rarely plays. And no one else of Estonian players can be taken seriously enough. Which means i'm out of your exclusive tournament only because i live in a "wrong" country? Well done, TopHats. Well done indeed.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 08:32
Scritto da tophat, 17.05.2013 at 17:10

I don't even have to argue this with you. It's simple, you need at least three players from the same country. You can't have other players from another country play for your team nor invent your own country and include whoever you want.

That statement is wrong. What do you mean by country? UK isn't a country, it's a sovereign state made up of 4 countries (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales). Holland isn't a country (it's a region), Kingdom of Netherlands is however.

There are two main guidelines to follow:
ISO 3166-1 (INCLUDES dependent territories [ie: not just countries by themselves]) HERE
UN Member States HERE

Make your mind up and change your mistakes. Thanks.

PS: I am not a fan of polarising people by countries. On the Internet, Indians, Brits, South Africans, Nigerians, Belizeans, Americans and Canadians are one and the same through the English language.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 09:27
 Leaf
Too bad I'm Kolean.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 10:43
Scritto da ezzatam, 18.05.2013 at 08:32

Scritto da tophat, 17.05.2013 at 17:10

I don't even have to argue this with you. It's simple, you need at least three players from the same country. You can't have other players from another country play for your team nor invent your own country and include whoever you want.

That statement is wrong. What do you mean by country? UK isn't a country, it's a sovereign state made up of 4 countries (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales). Holland isn't a country (it's a region), Kingdom of Netherlands is however.

There are two main guidelines to follow:
ISO 3166-1 (INCLUDES dependent territories [ie: not just countries by themselves]) HERE
UN Member States HERE

Make your mind up and change your mistakes. Thanks.

PS: I am not a fan of polarising people by countries. On the Internet, Indians, Brits, South Africans, Nigerians, Belizeans, Americans and Canadians are one and the same through the English language.

First of all, I know UK is comprised of four territories, but it is recognized internationally like so. And I haven't had anyone from the UK complain to me about it being the UK and not England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Whales.

Secondly, I asked Dbacks if it should be Netherlands or Holland, or the proper name for the country. He didn't answer, so I went with Holland because everyone kept referring it to Holland.

Lastly, I based this off international events, such as the olympics, they refer to the UK, and not its territories.

If you're not a fan of polarizing people by countries, then why are you commenting here? It's a tournament I thought would be fun. Also, I wouldn't call it polarizing, you're from country and that's who you play for. I know they are some from unrecognized countries, or smaller countries in which the territory or name is disputed, but I can only do my best to please as many people as I can.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 10:45
Scritto da Brandreas, 18.05.2013 at 05:30

Everything that Terminal just said. For example, I'd like to play. And it's impossible. Konstantin is inactive. SvenKarp rarely plays. And no one else of Estonian players can be taken seriously enough. Which means i'm out of your exclusive tournament only because i live in a "wrong" country? Well done, TopHats. Well done indeed.

What do you want me to do? Seriously, I can't please everyone. I'm sorry if the tournament is exclusive, sorry but it is. I can't make it not exclusive.
----
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 10:59
Scritto da tophat, 18.05.2013 at 10:43

First of all, I know UK is comprised of four territories, but it is recognized internationally like so. And I haven't had anyone from the UK complain to me about it being the UK and not England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Whales.

Whales are mammals, not a country. UK is a sovereign state, not a country as I said.

Lastly, I based this off international events, such as the olympics, they refer to the UK, and not its territories.

In the Olympics the team is called Great Britain and Northern Ireland, not the political term of United Kingdom (of Great Britain....) which the team do include territories.

Also, I wouldn't call it polarizing, you're from country and that's who you play for.

This isn't going to be much of a world competition if over half the participants are European.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 11:06
Scritto da ezzatam, 18.05.2013 at 10:59

Whales are mammals, not a country. UK is a sovereign state, not a country as I said.

In the Olympics the team is called Great Britain and Northern Ireland, not the political term of United Kingdom (of Great Britain....) which the team do include territories.

Also, I wouldn't call it polarizing, you're from country and that's who you play for.

This isn't going to be much of a world competition if over half the participants are European.

Thanks for flaunting your superior intelligence by stating whales are mammals over a simple typo. You really proved your point with such irrelevance. People agreed with UK, including those part of the team. If they desire it to be called Great Britain, then sure I'll modify it. And again, I can't please everyone, I'm trying my best to organize this. So, do you want to play or not? If not, please stop dissecting my words with minimal absurdities to make me look bad, there's no need to do it in such a rude manner. If you have a suggestion, then simply mention it without causing social turmoil for nothing. However, thanks for bringing these matters up, I'll consider everything you mentioned for the betterment of this tourney. Like I said, I'll try my best.
----
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 11:09
Ld. Dark Knight
Account eliminato
Scritto da ezzatam, 18.05.2013 at 10:59

Blah

~ezzatam, I think Tophats was right in choosing countries which have active members. If we have around 190 countries participating in this tournament and the minimum number / team is 4 then you would get 190 * 4 = 760 players. The tournament will be certain to fail. I think he appreciates you correcting his mistakes but let him run his tournament his own way.

P.s - stop being jelly coz i didn't add u to team GB. I jk
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 11:14
Scritto da tophat, 18.05.2013 at 11:06

If they desire it to be called Great Britain, then sure I'll modify it.

Great Britain isn't a country, it's a geographical term for the island. It's made up of 3 countries (England, Scotland and Wales)
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 11:17
Scritto da ezzatam, 18.05.2013 at 11:14

Scritto da tophat, 18.05.2013 at 11:06

If they desire it to be called Great Britain, then sure I'll modify it.

Great Britain isn't a country, it's a geographical term for the island. It's made up of 3 countries (England, Scotland and Wales)

I'm not gonna go through this with you. Btw I've seen this video, I'm aware of the geography and the territorial aspects of the country. I asked LDK, he said Great Britain.
----
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 12:07
Ldk is a geography noob

it must be "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"

i hope youll change it soon, or i ll insist for my fantasy pirate nation

btw luis and me will play for germany. 2 players are the min for a team, so have fun to fight against the german empire
----
"War is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means."
― Carl von Clausewitz
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 13:32
So no albania?
----

[center][img][/img]
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 16:44
Scritto da Lemonade, 18.05.2013 at 12:07

Ldk is a geography noob

btw luis and me will play for germany. 2 players are the min for a team, so have fun to fight against the german empire

wait a minute, you're from germany now? If so, then there's no problem putting you on the team. Because there's vril, cow learster. Born there or living there?
----
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 16:47
Scritto da tophat, 18.05.2013 at 16:44

Ldk is a geography noob

wait a minute, you're from germany now? If so, then there's no problem putting you on the team. Because there's vril, cow learster. Born there or living there?

we both life there, so put us on team "germany"
----
"War is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means."
― Carl von Clausewitz
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 16:49
Scritto da Lemonade, 18.05.2013 at 16:47

Scritto da tophat, 18.05.2013 at 16:44

Ldk is a geography noob

we both life there, so put us on team "germany"

Thank you. You had me confused, you should have just said it lol. Alright you and luis will be added. Just ask vril to be your third or anyone else from germany, and your team will be set!
----
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 16:51
Scritto da Covid19, 18.05.2013 at 13:32

So no albania?

Unless you can find two more!
----
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 16:58
I dont think, that they havent the motivation to play this tournament

Scritto da tophat, 11.05.2013 at 17:44

.... they have to be minimum 2v2, (because it's hard to have 6 or more players all online at once) ....

but we are 2 players and frequently online, so its wouldnt be a problem
----
― Carl von Clausewitz
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
18.05.2013 - 16:59
Scritto da Lemonade, 18.05.2013 at 16:58

I dont think, that they havent the motivation to play this tournament

Scritto da tophat, 11.05.2013 at 17:44

.... they have to be minimum 2v2, (because it's hard to have 6 or more players all online at once) ....

but we are 2 players and frequently online, so its wouldnt be a problem

In such a case, I'll accept it. But if anyone else from Germany wants to join, I have to let them join.
----
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
19.05.2013 - 10:19
I would like to join. I live in the US but my Family is from Germany so you can put me where ever you want. I am willing to play for either side
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
22.05.2013 - 03:41
Waf pls lurv me
Account eliminato

Ldk is a geography noob

Who gives a fuck lol? Most of the players in team GB don't care either. Sure in the world cup, I'd rather play for England than GB but you want more talent so I'd rather go with GB and pick up on players that play better but live in Wales. You don't see the other members of the team arguing about it, so shush please. Even if Tophats wanted to change it, he should either keep it as it is or change it to England (since all/most of our team members live in England). DrTroll, what happened to "Pirate Island"?

(Just wanted to mention, your diagram is incorrect. Isle of Man is west of the UK, surrounded by the Irish sea.)
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
22.05.2013 - 05:49
Scritto da Guest, 22.05.2013 at 03:41

Ldk is a geography noob

Who gives a fuck lol? Most of the players in team GB don't care either. Sure in the world cup, I'd rather play for England than GB but you want more talent so I'd rather go with GB and pick up on players that play better but live in Wales. You don't see the other members of the team arguing about it, so shush please. Even if Tophats wanted to change it, he should either keep it as it is or change it to England (since all/most of our team members live in England). DrTroll, what happened to "Pirate Island"?

(Just wanted to mention, your diagram is incorrect. Isle of Man is west of the UK, surrounded by the Irish sea.)

you should stop playing aw and have to go back to school, the country GB doesnt exist.
----
― Carl von Clausewitz
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
22.05.2013 - 05:57
Waf pls lurv me
Account eliminato
Scritto da Lemonade, 22.05.2013 at 05:49

you should stop playing aw and have to go back to school, the country GB doesnt exist.

You should stop playing aw and go back to school. Learn how to read first. I didn't say GB was a country o.O
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
22.05.2013 - 11:45
You talk the whole time about GB. its the same like: "ill play for Upper Rhine Plain"
the Upper Rhine Plain is a geographical part of germany, like GB and UK
----
― Carl von Clausewitz
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
22.05.2013 - 15:10
Waf pls lurv me
Account eliminato
Scritto da Lemonade, 22.05.2013 at 11:45

You talk the whole time about GB. its the same like: "ill play for Upper Rhine Plain"

Are we playing an online game tournament or are we in a Geography session? I've already told you Team GB doesn't care. If you want to go full retard about it, complain to the GB Olympics department.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
22.05.2013 - 15:15
Scritto da Lemonade, 22.05.2013 at 11:45

LDK is right, Team Britain doesn't care at all.

This is just a game so don't take this seriously lol
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
23.05.2013 - 05:09
If tophats agrees with this shit, ill demand on my pirate state too!!
----
― Carl von Clausewitz
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
23.05.2013 - 05:14
Please change the name of 'Holland' to 'the Netherlands'. Holland is not a country:

----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
23.05.2013 - 05:51
Totaly agree

tophat try to be serious and rejected my pirate-county but he dont know the difference between uk and gb or netherlands and holland
----
― Carl von Clausewitz
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
23.05.2013 - 11:52
Tophats how aout you put Serbia in the tournament too????? I said me and mauzer will play. I got the third one too. Eagle Observes.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
23.05.2013 - 14:21
Scritto da Pera., 23.05.2013 at 11:52

Tophats how aout you put Serbia in the tournament too????? I said me and mauzer will play. I got the third one too. Eagle Observes.

I will now, since you have a third.
----
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Termini di servizio | Insegne | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Raggiungici su

Diffondi il verbo