Acquista l'abbonamento Premium per nascondere tutta la pubblicità
25.01.2015 - 03:28
Renaissance Roleplay

Renaissance Roleplay is... a ... Roleplay. An hard roleplay.
The game covers a period between XVI and XVII century, where each turn is about 5-10 years. The start year is about 1500 (... so turn 30 is about 1750?).
You should be immerse in a long hard game (Some games had a duration of 1-2 hours), because during the game you feel the difficulty of playing in that historical period. If you judge this map only in first turns, or waste money in useless expenses, you should be negative with "this map is stupid" or "no income.. bad map" or "****". Simply remember everyone is in your same situation, and i saw a player with 200 units so is not real that you have no money uhm?

Why playing Renaissance:
- Immersive.
- No thousands units to move.
- No thousands types of units.
- ll noobs prefer to play easy maps, so you encounter good players.
- No teletransport covering half map in a single turn using ships and carriages and terrain transports...

Let's start: Game settings
1 Start region.
10.000 gold at beginning (never tested with more or lesser, just try and tell me)
2 minutes per turn (because little amount of units 2 minutes should be enough, else 3 minutes. More than 3 slows only the game.
20 players. Don't start with less than 15 anyway. The more we are the better.
Allow join untill ... whatever you want.
End game at turn 50 or more.
Winning: Take capital for 4 turns, or invade all enemy nation.

Want to try an ironman mode? Conquest all world.

Rules
No war, no civil war, no rebellion war, no **** war before turn 4. Don't attack new entered players, allow them to prepare.

Gameplay and strategies
Expand your empire annexing neutrals, declaring war against other countries, and if you are Catholic (ingame) respecting the Pope's will.
Most times Muslims, Orthodox, Natives form coalitions againt other religions, this allow to resist more than fragmentations. You should divide their coalitions as soon as possible, ally with some of them, make limited wars ("My nation declare war, but actually I don't ask my ally to help me, we just want this region").
Wars are really expensive, so use wars only when really needed.
If defenders allies are coming, ask your allies and so on: A big war is coming...end it as soon as possible because other nations are waiting your weakness.

Units are expensive, also infantry (the cheapest) is expensive. You need usually 2-3 regions to buy 1 unit, (so each region can supply about 3 units).
So don't do triangles around each city, else if you want go bankrupt. Someone told about this: "This is suicidial, this is stupid, this is ****". The game is balanced in this way. No perfect defences, but also no perfect offences.
The best offence is made by cavalry and steppe cossacks and ottoman jannissary. They can easy outrun any defensive infantry.
The best defensive unit is the Papal Army, cheap and really good on defending.

If you want a perfect defence: Build a fortification. Cost 10 times infantry so if you have a little country you can't afford it. Fortification can destroy entire armies if they try assaults before breaking walls. Someone told to have devastated 30 units with a couple fortifications.

What to do against a fortified enemy? Use artillery. Artillery can destroy fortifications. Usually the presence of artillery in the army should work.
Sometime is better to attack with artillery only, to preserve the rest of the army. Usually 2-3 artillery units against each fortification should work.
Economically speaking, 600 gold in artillery can win 1000 gold in fortifications.
In the same way, 1000 gold in fortifications can defeat 2000 or more gold of attacker.

Place 1 Infantry in each city. Ever! Really.. is the best defence you can do... and also economical

Historical accuracy
The map is balanced , and try during the gameplay to be accurate with history (but i see England usually faster to colonize. Maybe only bad Spain players).
But the map is not Historically accurate. Serbia and Bosnia in history were Orthodox, in game are Catholic. Why?
Because i drawed a line from finland and livonian order to greece: Every country at east is orthodox, every at west is catholic.
From turkey to africa, middle east, golden horde, nogai, and kazan are muslim. Granada was muslim, and in game is muslim.

In this way is simple to understand.

Songhai and Mali and Rio de Oro are natives, so Catholic are not interested to attack Africa with high priority.

Also incomes: Rome have the most income of the world, but historically doesn't.

General country strategies
Papacy:
Rule all Catholics. Papacy is the hardest nation to play, you have to block wars, equilibrate regions between catholics. If a catholic ruler grow too strong is a threat for you and everyone.
If you excomunicate too easy other religion can invade europe. Is stressing and hard. But at least fun. Be careful to be respected by your catholics.
Papal States are claimed by Papacy, but there should be only a Pope: Roman Pope (And anyway he is stronger).
If Catholics doesn't respect Pope can be excomunicated. If Catholics declares himself Protestant are excomunicated automatically.

France:
Usually holded by Holy Roman Empire / Germany /Austria, Spain, England. France have the richest lands in the world, a great manpower. Usually defend the Pope and the Pope defend him. In late game usually he takes the cold lands of Canada, or no lands at all, all up to the game itself.
Diplomacy is the rule if you play France.

England:
One of the easiest country. Very limited in Europe, you need to play good to expand your foothold in Europe (Usually Brittany and Flanders), else go colonize Iceland, Greenland and so on.
Obviusly Scotland and Ireland are a must.
At turn 30 England, Cornwall and Wales can build "Ships of the Line". The strongest naval piece in game. They are fast, strong, hard, and able to move troops. Never enter a naval war against England.

Scandinavian country:
You have to contain Russian expansion to the west and England expansion to the North. Usually you can reach the Americas, or take Greenland and Iceland. Canada is here for you.

Russian country:
Usually you expand to every direction and in a couple turn you reach the map border, Caspian sea, and Poland or Germany.
The most land you take from Europe the richer you are. Asia is a big land so only Cossacks can travel fast enough. Be careful to don't be attacked from west and south. Usually allied with Europeans, but you can ally Muslim too and invade Europe. Remember Europe is more recompensating a war than Asia, but harder if not well organized.

Poland / Lithuania or nearby country ( Austria and Hungary too)
You are between great powers. Russia from a side, Germany on another, Papacy and Ottomans/Byzantium. You can expand easly but is hard in first turns.
Respect Catholic faith and fight Ottomans and Russian.

Germany / Prussia and Holy Roman Empire:
Strongest nation in the world, but holded by France, Austria or Hungary. Also Poland, Sweden. Everyone want to take lands from you. Anyway the great incomes and manpower can make difference.

Spain:
I'm wondering why Spanish don't conquest Americas. South America is here for you, Canarias, Azores. Only 1 or 2 turns traveling with explorers. Conquest, conquest. The more lands you take the better income you have. Morocco usually hold Spain. Try war whenever possible. In future maybe I add a Spanish Conquistador... a Explorer like unit but faster.

Morocco:
Another great country. Usually he have to defend himself from Spain, Papacy, Sicily or Naples, or other nearby Muslim country. African too sometimes.
Morocco can colonize Canaries, and try to colonize Americas.
Maybe i will fix this, not allowing Explorers anymore to Atlantic Africa regions, Canaries and Azores.

Algiers/Tunis/Sicily/Naples:
You have to hold Papacy expansion, Morocco power, and expand to north africa.

Egypt / Mamluks / Arabian:
Take more land you can. Jerusalem and Alexandria are really rich lands. Try to discuss neighbors to take Cyprus, Crete, Cirenaica...

Ottomans / Byzantium:
Jannissary is the word. That unit is able to attack every defense in the game except fortifications, and win really gratly.
You need turns and reinforcements, but at the ed your army is the strongest in the world. Byzantium should be conquered as soon as possible. Try take Greece, Cyprus, Crete and middle east. Your manpower should be enough.
Don't waste money.

Persia / Timurids:
Try take Cossacks on north of Caspian Sea, and expand. Help your ally and take lands somewhere and everywhere. Then discuss to exchange with neighbors, so you can expand.

Africa:
Try expand the more you can. Never waste money. Is the hardest country to play. At turn 30 your troops are replaced with Imperial units so you can fight back enemies.

South America:
Usually Inca Empire. Expand and ally. Brazil doesn't have ports. So you need Panama, then reach Carrabean, then the world is your... At turn 30 your troops are replaced with Imperial units so you can fight back enemies.

Central America:
Usually Maya, Aztecs, Cuba, Florida. Expand and ally. In late game this part of the map can recruit Privateers. Someone told "Privateer is a Game changer". You can devastate enemy ships really fast. And is Stealth.At turn 30 your troops are replaced with Imperial units so you can fight back enemies.

North America:
Never understimate North America. Their natives are really aggressive against european colonies.At turn 30 the game changes, and their economy become able to supply armies and navy. Privateers can be recruited here too, so the American navy can be really strong.
Atlantic Colonies (Thirteen colonies historically, or the land between Pequot and Santee) can recruit Minuteman at turn 30. A strong stealth unit.
Be prepared against european settlers. Never allow to take lands. Don't waste money and recruit only to destroy strong colonies. Is hard but in late game you can also try to conquer back the Europe?
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
25.01.2015 - 14:48
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
25.01.2015 - 15:39
Interesting idea, new and I like it!
----
[pr] Your Camel: Al Fappino: fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap, what day is it fap?

If you go on ebay and find a life, lmk so i can give you cash so u can get it-Commando Eagle
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
28.01.2015 - 22:44
So the Pope player is kinda like a weaker UN from the UN gameplay? I would assume that it doesnt have much power just acts as a political asset and influences people who roleplay in game, am I right? Anyways this look interesting
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
29.01.2015 - 01:34
I'm liking this map, seems a lot like Europa Universalis.
----

[img]Picture[/img]
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
29.01.2015 - 12:34
Rankist Sharck
Account eliminato
Scritto da Quantum027, 28.01.2015 at 22:44

So the Pope player is kinda like a weaker UN from the UN gameplay? I would assume that it doesnt have much power just acts as a political asset and influences people who roleplay in game, am I right? Anyways this look interesting
Maybe it could be like in EUIV, the Pope can excommunicate, giving a free CB for every Christian nation
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Termini di servizio | Insegne | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Raggiungici su

Diffondi il verbo