Acquista l'abbonamento Premium per nascondere tutta la pubblicità
27.03.2015 - 12:13

I have been working on a more geographically & culturally detailed depiction of the ancient western world (west of india) around 271 BCE. The map is available in scenario, full map, & preset versions. Here are some features:

Detailed Terrain: I always find myself disappointed with the lack of emphasis on terrain features in maps, especially in ancient and medieval maps where movement was much more restricted by terrain features. Terrain was and still is an incredibly important factor in warfare and I do my best to approximate this factor. Here are some pictures depicting some rugged terrain and mountain ranges.

The Alps:

The Carpathians:

Greece & Italy:

Unit Dynamics: Warfare was and is not just a matter of numbers. Certain types of unit and weaponry are near useless against certain other types. For instance, archers never stood up well to a charge of heavy cavalry. Phalanxes are more effective against a frontal cavalry charge than against horse archers, as the Parthians proved well. To portray these complexities of ancient warfare, I have implemented a unit bonus system. This system is still being edited (because I made it much too complicated in the Alpha version), but here is the new bonus system:

Factions: Though I hope to make versions for all periods of ancient, and perhaps medieval, history, the current version is focused on approx. 271 BC. I have tried to maintain realistic factions, but I have been given feedback repeatedly that I compromise playability for obsessive accuracy, so I have changed some things that may yield in historical discrepancies. Here are the factions:

1) Rome
2) Carthage
3) Gallaeci
4) Arverni
5) Belgae
6) Cimbri (To be added)
7) Aetolian League
8) Achaian League
9) Boii
10) Macedon
11) Dacia
12) Scythia
13) Pergamon
14) Ptolomaic Egypt
15) Seleucid Empire
16) Armenia
17) Pontus
18) Parthia
19) Sarmatia (To be added)
20) Caledonii (To be added)

This is very much still in development, so please give me feedback if you have it. Also, all my maps are cleanable so feel free to make you own version.

Thanks
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
27.03.2015 - 14:33
Scritto da Banjo, 27.03.2015 at 12:13

Thanks

Replace images links with this

http://i.imgur.com/ypTHP6N.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0AaLRSt.png
http://i.imgur.com/Hmf0orU.png
http://i.imgur.com/1sukmMP.png

Ur welcome.
----
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
27.03.2015 - 17:50
Thanks a lot man!
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
27.03.2015 - 17:52

I have been working on a more geographically & culturally detailed depiction of the ancient western world (west of india) around 271 BCE. The map is available in scenario, full map, & preset versions. Here are some features:

Detailed Terrain: I always find myself disappointed with the lack of emphasis on terrain features in maps, especially in ancient and medieval maps where movement was much more restricted by terrain features. Terrain was and still is an incredibly important factor in warfare and I do my best to approximate this factor. Here are some pictures depicting some rugged terrain and mountain ranges.

The Alps:

The Carpathians:

Greece & Italy:

Unit Dynamics: Warfare was and is not just a matter of numbers. Certain types of unit and weaponry are near useless against certain other types. For instance, archers never stood up well to a charge of heavy cavalry. Phalanxes are more effective against a frontal cavalry charge than against horse archers, as the Parthians proved well. To portray these complexities of ancient warfare, I have implemented a unit bonus system. This system is still being edited (because I made it much too complicated in the Alpha version), but here is the new bonus system:

Factions: Though I hope to make versions for all periods of ancient, and perhaps medieval, history, the current version is focused on approx. 271 BC. I have tried to maintain realistic factions, but I have been given feedback repeatedly that I compromise playability for obsessive accuracy, so I have changed some things that may yield in historical discrepancies. Here are the factions:

1) Rome
2) Carthage
3) Gallaeci
4) Arverni
5) Belgae
6) Cimbri (To be added)
7) Aetolian League
8) Achaian League
9) Boii
10) Macedon
11) Dacia
12) Scythia
13) Pergamon
14) Ptolomaic Egypt
15) Seleucid Empire
16) Armenia
17) Pontus
18) Parthia
19) Sarmatia (To be added)
20) Caledonii (To be added)

This is very much still in development, so please give me feedback if you have it. Also, all my maps are cleanable so feel free to make you own version.

Thanks
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
08.04.2015 - 03:41
Ok it's not so esthetic but... i congrate you for the effort to use other thing than the traditional world map image.

Except that, very good map because i love large space (even if my map are often short).
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
09.06.2015 - 14:58
This looks excellent, and the geographical emphasis is absolutely beautiful.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Termini di servizio | Insegne | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Raggiungici su

Diffondi il verbo