Acquista l'abbonamento Premium per nascondere tutta la pubblicità
08.08.2015 - 14:39
Hey everyone, this is the official announcement of my Fallout: the Capital Wasteland map/scenario. I've been working on this for a good year or two whenever I had premium, and am close to completing it this summer. I think I have put about several dozen hours into creating the map and researching the locations, as well as finding and adding the images for everything.

Now, this mod will be far from shabby. It is a complete recreation of the Capital Wasteland map seen on the Pip-Boy in Fallout 3, from both locations to units and factions. It is far more extensive than the majority of the scenarios I've seen on here, especially other Fallout maps. The map is reasonably big, with it being about 2200 x 2200 pixels, being filled up by 20 factions from the game. Both Fallout 3 and At-War fans should enjoy this map, especially those who prefer playing scenarios and roleplaying, as this map has definite potential for roleplaying on top of just playing it vanilla.

Anyway, without further ado here are a few screenshots:

The Map:

Cities/countries:

Units:

The yellow borders are just a placeholder for now, incase anybody wants to complain. However I might ultimately go with it due to the map being both pretty dark and light at times, making both white and black bad choices.

Anyway, that is a preview of some of the things I have for now. Right now I am just working on adding the 20 factions with a base of 4 different unit types of each (infantry/tank/marine/militia) with a few exceptions here and there. There are capturable monuments, vaults and power plants on top of the cities you can capture, who will give economic and tactical boosts to the player who owns them. The map is basically divided in two, with the Potomac river segregating the two sides from eachother, with the 20 factions often found in different locations on both sides of the irradiated river. There are a variety of bridges that allow players to move troops from one side of the river to the other, who may prove crucial to hold on to later on in the game. 95% of the units in the scenario are land units, with a few exceptions here and there.

Right now I'm just trying to work out costs, income, reinforcements and unit stats for the base scenario. I considered making some factions weaker and stronger than others to add a storytelling and strategic element to the game (think the White Walkers and King factions in Game of Thrones scenarios). But for now I think I will just leave that out because it requires people to be familiar with the various factions and units of the game which I assume most people will not be, also I think lots of people would just abuse this and try to fuck over everyone as soon as they can. The only reason this works for Game of Thrones and World War II scenarios is because everyone is familiar the stories behind the maps.

I decided to make this map due to the lack of Fallout maps out there, especially Fallout 3 maps, can't recall ever seeing one. I'm also making this because I genuinely believe with the effort put into it so far it can become one of the most enjoyable and complete scenarios out there so far. For that reason I want to ask everyone to feel free to chip in thoughts and contribute ideas or elements you would like to see in the map/scenario.

Anyway, these are more or less my thoughts for now, I will keep this thread updated with my progress if people are interested.

Cheers, Lemony
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
21.08.2015 - 11:01
Scritto da LemonySniffit, 08.08.2015 at 14:39

The yellow borders are just a placeholder for now, incase anybody wants to complain.

Yellow fits perfectly in my opinion.
----
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
22.08.2015 - 14:24
This is beautiful.

Fallout 4 hype.
----
"Not all those who wander are lost."
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Termini di servizio | Insegne | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Raggiungici su

Diffondi il verbo