Acquista l'abbonamento Premium per nascondere tutta la pubblicità

Sondaggio

Would you like the ability to combine 2 or 3 strategies in one game?

Yes
No
Don't care

Totale voti: 405
03.05.2016 - 06:06
 Ivan (Amministratore)
What if you had the ability to slot 2 or 3 strategies in a game, instead of just one - with all their boosts and nerfs combined. Essentially it would create new strategies, with their own perks and downsides. What do you think?
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.05.2016 - 06:09
Blitzkrieg and Iron Fist combined...
Basically units with +1 range, +2 HP, + view range at the cost of -1 defense.

I support if certain combinations are forbidden.

EDIT: Gw and Mos is also another one. Marines with 8 attack, boosted range and critical for 30 cost. That'd be horrendous.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.05.2016 - 06:48
No way, strats are by default much more op than none, so it would become necessary to use combined strats, it'd be hw all over again except much worse. Not to mention gameplay being killed with income not mattering anymore. I'd much rather see custom strats for map makers. I know you've shot it down before because of balance, but mapmakers can terribly balance a lot of things already anyway and it would allow good map makers to make better maps.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.05.2016 - 07:10
 opi
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.05.2016 - 07:13
----
No such thing as a good girl, you are just not the right guy.

Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.05.2016 - 07:13
Ghost
Account eliminato
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.05.2016 - 07:14
Scritto da clovis1122, 03.05.2016 at 06:09

EDIT: Gw and Mos is also another one. Marines with 8 attack, boosted range and critical for 30 cost. That'd be horrendous.

you might as well edit to include most combinations :p
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.05.2016 - 07:18
Scritto da Xenosapien, 03.05.2016 at 07:14

Scritto da clovis1122, 03.05.2016 at 06:09

you might as well edit to include most combinations :p

It's so crazy...

HW + GW basically means Marines with 6 attack for 0 cost.

Just giving out some examples... this could'be very volatile for the current gameplay. I'd rather not risk to see this implemented.

I think my suggestion for custom strategy is great though http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=20155
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.05.2016 - 07:22
No pls no.
This is one of atwars good reasons someone would stay and play.

Each strategy has its own abitlities and disabilities,now the nice thing is that to win you have to play in a way that the strategy becomes op and easy.

Do you want to ruin that?
----
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.05.2016 - 09:49
I'd rather have custom strategies for custom scenarios and maps
----

Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.05.2016 - 18:56
How about the ability to customize your own strats for both scenario/and vanilla games. within reason. A selection menu where choices are given to create new strategies. mix and match. just an idea
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
04.05.2016 - 17:16
How about Map-maker have the ability to construct a strategy for their map. This way the player have a variety of strategy to chose from for that specific map. Basically some unit are buff with those certain strategies. Some unit are the "other units" so a customize strategy made by mapmaker would be good since it could affect unit that are consider the other units like ground:other units.
----
Hi
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
04.05.2016 - 19:53
Scritto da Xenosapien, 03.05.2016 at 06:48

I'd much rather see custom strats for map makers.

Scritto da Darth., 03.05.2016 at 09:49

Scritto da JADRAN., 03.05.2016 at 18:56

How about the ability to customize your own strats for both scenario/and vanilla games.

Scritto da Legendary Hero, 04.05.2016 at 17:16

How about Map-maker have the ability to construct a strategy for their map.

Caricamento...
Caricamento...
05.05.2016 - 03:56
I doubt that this idea would achieve what you guys are aiming for which is variety and diversity to the aspect of strats. in AW. This would just result in the appearance of new powerful and limited combinations(as clovis pointed above) with the abandoning of single ones of course.

Though I'd love to see pre-customized strats. that have certain and thoroughly studied limits, it has been suggested multiple times in the past.
----
Ik ben een STD fabriek.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
05.05.2016 - 13:05

this is the best idea ever
----
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
05.05.2016 - 16:49
IMP with IF? lol GG.
----
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
05.05.2016 - 22:05
Imp+GW
OP-cheap-as-fuck (50 cost) Marines

RA+PD
OP tanks and OP infantry
----

Caricamento...
Caricamento...
05.05.2016 - 22:29
No I think the strategies should be kept the way they are. Balance is a very difficult thing to achieve, especially when faced with so many different maps, money settings, starting picks, etc.

It is really quite remarkable that we have so many strategies that can all be played, and not one is "dominant". In my opinion balanced strategies is one of the biggest accomplishments of the game and I see no reason to risk ruining that by allowing combined strategies. Introducing new ones will always be fun, but we do not need such a drastic over-hall. The game is great exactly how it is in this regard
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
05.05.2016 - 22:44
 Nero
Can we double up?
Double PD OP
----
Laochra¹: i pray to the great zizou, that my tb stops the airtrans of the yellow infidel
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
06.05.2016 - 00:16

mfw Xeno said this first and you got more upvotes
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
06.05.2016 - 01:10
Scritto da clovis1122, 06.05.2016 at 00:16

mfw Xeno said this first and you got more upvotes

Lol haha. I remember reading this somewhere but not by whom. Thanks xeno

I asked Ivan and he said they aren't considering custom strats since they would be difficult to balance. Don't know how they'll balance this either though, which is why custom strats are better
----

Caricamento...
Caricamento...
06.05.2016 - 04:57
 time
I know where you're trying to go with this suggestion, but I believe it'd make things worse rather than interesting.

Instead how about you limit certain strategies to certain country picks and vice versa. By that you could eliminate all the country/strategy combos that are making the game monotonic and lame, and it would give the game a new feel (Introducing a new strategy exclusively for Asian countries, restrict IF to certain countries etc...)

In addition to that, I finally came to admit that custom strategies won't be a good idea for this game. It would open the door for players to boost one unit and nerf all the others and make this a single unit game tactic. And for similar reasons I believe combining strategies won't do any good too. In my opinion we just need like 2 new decent strategies and most importantly new units. A lot can change with new units... just to give few hints: sniper, land transport, spy...

The main problem with all these discussions is that the direction of the game is still very unclear, the new implementations keep on confusing me as to how the developers see the game in the future. If anyone would like to take this discussion to another post I would love to write more on where I believe this game should be heading to make it more appealing for the common audience.
----
I wf'd UK
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
06.05.2016 - 06:02
njab
Account eliminato
Scritto da Darth., 05.05.2016 at 22:05

Imp+GW
OP-cheap-as-fuck (50 cost) Marines

RA+PD
OP tanks and OP infantry

Actually PD+RA would act much worse than you expected.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
06.05.2016 - 06:06
njab
Account eliminato
Scritto da time, 06.05.2016 at 04:57

-snip-

Ugh, that would turn game into even bigger autism. Honestly, world map needs a few changes to balance all the specific continents and areas, but it's mostly fine.

Custom maps on the other hand need 2 major changes:
1. end of the mapmaker autism -- stop putting the most of units on ground other and making roles playable with other strategies
2. allowing more strategies for custom units (e.g. Cavalry Menace could buff ground secondary attack and secondary defense at cost of weaker main attack and main defense units)
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
06.05.2016 - 07:28
 time
Scritto da Guest, 06.05.2016 at 06:06

Way to reply with something completely irrelevant and rather useless. Idiots like you are the reason I stopped playing AW for 2 years.
----
I wf'd UK
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
06.05.2016 - 07:43
njab
Account eliminato
Scritto da time, 06.05.2016 at 07:28

Way to reply with something completely irrelevant and rather useless. Idiots like you are the reason I stopped playing AW for 2 years.

If you are playing since 2011 it doesn't mean you are the most important guy in this community. Everybody who plays AtWar actively has the right to express the opinion. On the other hand, your reply on mine post was kinda meaningless and empty, not related to the topic and made just for spreading the hate.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
06.05.2016 - 07:58
 time
Scritto da Guest, 06.05.2016 at 07:43

Scritto da time, 06.05.2016 at 07:28

If you are playing since 2011 it doesn't mean you are the most important guy in this community. Everybody who plays AtWar actively has the right to express the opinion. On the other hand, your reply on mine was kinda meaningless and empty, made just for spreading the hate.

I didn't say anything about me being an older player than you, hence the irrelevance continues. And I didn't say you have no right to give feedback on the topic just like anyone else but you quoted me saying this would result in "bigger autism" and then went on to talk about custom maps which is completely off topic. The thread is discussing the changes that could be applied to the strategies mechanism to make the game more diverse, not your phenomenal views on how they should balance world maps. And learn how to write Jesus...
----
I wf'd UK
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
06.05.2016 - 08:01
njab
Account eliminato
Scritto da time, 06.05.2016 at 07:58

I didn't say anything about me being an older player than you, hence the irrelevance continues.

You show it by the way you are acting.

Quota:

And I didn't say you have no right to give feedback on the topic just like anyone else but you quoted me saying this would result in "bigger autism" and then went on to talk about custom maps which is completely off topic. The thread is discussing the changes that could be applied to the strategies mechanism to make the game more diverse, not your phenomenal views on how they should balance world maps.

Your clearly closed views on everything show how you don't care at all about stopping the rising autism in the whole community, but just about world map and your proposed changes would only make World Map 50k more popular. You have no right to talk about the custom maps and scenarios as you never play them.

Quota:

And learn how to write Jesus...

I don't have to write the names of useless people to me. But still, only for you:

Caricamento...
Caricamento...
06.05.2016 - 20:07
Scritto da Chess, 06.05.2016 at 17:32

SM + Blitz. Taking rushing to a whole new level.

sm+ blitz remind me of Hitler and Nazi Germany. Blitzkrieg is more effective with bomber with air support.
----
Hi
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
06.05.2016 - 20:55
What if theses crazy combinations somehow counter each others and at the end there isn't any overpowered combination...

Anyway, we can all agree that it would definitively make every single-strategy gameplay useless.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Termini di servizio | Insegne | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Raggiungici su

Diffondi il verbo