‹‹ Torna a Bugs
Acquista l'abbonamento Premium per nascondere tutta la pubblicità
03.02.2011 - 19:59
So it's really odd but I have figured out that I only get disconnected from afterwind when my torrent client is open. When it is closed my problems completely disappear. This is a pretty big issue for me as I normally have it running 24/7. If there is any reason you guys can think of that would be causing this problem I would love to know if there is something I can do. I've tried setting download limits so that it doesn't hog all my bandwidth but I still get disconnected. I'm using transmission on OS X if that lets you know anything.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.02.2011 - 20:02
Well, it depends on the torrent in a way. If your using something like Limewire, then it's definitley going to slow things down, because of the data already running. My best guess for a solution is just not to run the torrent at all. You could compress the files to save disc space, but again, I don't know what kind of torrent your using so solutions are limeted. Hope this helps!
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.02.2011 - 20:12
I also observed a quite similar behavior.
when running the winpcap driver that for example wireshark utilize i got disconnected every 2 minutes
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.02.2011 - 20:37
Scritto da Garde, 03.02.2011 at 20:02

Well, it depends on the torrent in a way. If your using something like Limewire, then it's definitley going to slow things down, because of the data already running. My best guess for a solution is just not to run the torrent at all. You could compress the files to save disc space, but again, I don't know what kind of torrent your using so solutions are limeted. Hope this helps!

No offense but I don't really think you understand the issue at all. A torrent client is a designated program to manage torrents, mine being transmission.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.02.2011 - 20:38
I would start checking for port conflicts
----
~
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.02.2011 - 20:53
Scritto da Gigglin, 03.02.2011 at 20:37

Scritto da Garde, 03.02.2011 at 20:02

No offense but I don't really think you understand the issue at all. A torrent client is a designated program to manage torrents, mine being transmission.

I believe were on diffrent pages too lol. I'm taking this as a program that runs diffrent kinds of torrents, like Limewire. If you need help with transmission, I'd suggest trying Microsoft's handbook(help) if you use windows. Hope I mean the right kind of torrent this time lol.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.02.2011 - 21:07
Scritto da Sificvoid, 03.02.2011 at 20:38

I would start checking for port conflicts

That's what I thought but I port forward on a random port so I doubt that is it either.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.02.2011 - 21:13
Scritto da Garde, 03.02.2011 at 20:53

I believe were on diffrent pages too lol. I'm taking this as a program that runs diffrent kinds of torrents, like Limewire. If you need help with transmission, I'd suggest trying Microsoft's handbook(help) if you use windows. Hope I mean the right kind of torrent this time lol.

Haha yeah still not really connecting. Limewire doesn't run torrents it actually runs on the gnutella platform, and as I said in the original post I'm on OS X
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
03.02.2011 - 21:43
Scritto da Gigglin, 03.02.2011 at 21:13

Scritto da Garde, 03.02.2011 at 20:53

Haha yeah still not really connecting. Limewire doesn't run torrents it actually runs on the gnutella platform, and as I said in the original post I'm on OS X

Oh, my limewire doesnt even display what it uses, just have alot of torrents in my saved files lol...anyways OS X...I thought you meant something else lol, but if that's the case then I have no clue...I'm just the idiot who grew up with windows lol, try google, google seems to know everything
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
04.02.2011 - 00:52
 Amok (Amministratore)
With additional torrent traffic your overall network latency is increased. Since Afterwind client uses pinging to check the connection, the slow reply may lead it into thinking that it was disconnected. Btw, do you recall the error message you were getting before we introduced the auto-reconnect ? Was it 'Connection lost' or 'Connection error' ?
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
04.02.2011 - 11:06
I don't get any sort of connection lost or anything at all actually. The only way I know if I get disconnected is that if I enter something in to the chat it doesn't go through or when I click end turn the amount of players left doesn't appear. In order to reconnect I have to refresh the page and rejoin.
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Termini di servizio | Insegne | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Raggiungici su

Diffondi il verbo