Acquista l'abbonamento Premium per nascondere tutta la pubblicità
10.10.2022 - 12:26
Hello,
I'm not very good at this foruming thing, so please bear with me. Instead of BIG BRILLIANT IMAGES I will instead post smol small small-ite links, like this: https://prnt.sc/4KYpY-I-_QKD It should be safe to click on.
Anyways, that link — here it is again https://prnt.sc/4KYpY-I-_QKD — SHOULD be showing a rough capture of the relevant parts of my map; there are lands and maybe even a front that have failed to be pictured (whomp whomp), but I'll be going through it. So, bear with me now :-)

1.) WHY THIS MAP AND SILLY POST [Ignore if you don't care; this stuff doesn't necessarily pertain to scenario mechanics]
This post is so I can explain myself and the scenario! Which I'm doing. Right now.

I was bored, and the quick lobby was not filling to fast. Since the active quick population seems to be dwindling, I wanted to make a 2v2 game that would allow for there to be some activity, even when the 11 player or 7 player maps couldn't fill. Hopefully these small maps draw in more players, which allows us to play bigger maps, which allows us to FINALLY PLAY NEUORDNUNG AGAIN IT'S BEEN SO LONG. On the flip side, without these smaller maps, we may lose players who don't see any activity during their one hour of gaming time, which might then lead to big games taking even longer to fill, and eventually leading to players like me — who spent so much time on a silly post — throwing in the towel. I may like the atWar gaming mechanics, but there comes a point where sitting in an empty lobby spamming global ads becomes not worth it.

Besides, making maps is really fun (once you kind of get a sense on how to avoid the bugs). I went with Fallout as the general "theme/background" cause it allowed me really come up with my own designs for units, for events, for borders and etc. Yes, Fallout has "lore" (quite a bit of it) and New Vegas' Legion/NCR conflict is probably one of the better documented settings in video game history, but there's ultimately enough room left for me to either create my own stuff or amalgamate the setting with different sources, like HOI4's Old World Blues mod. Besides, I actually know so little about FO:NV (I think I haven't ever played it) that my general approximations of the "established" setting are often left up to my own imagination as well. Speaking of the setting...

2.) LORE (... you can skip this too if you want, I doubt it'll affect your gameplay too much)
Obligatory note that all of the following is a fictional setting and in no way pertains to the current state, history, or direction of the world. It also likely diverges from FO:NV's established lore heavily.

In (our hypothetical) 2253, Mojave raiders massacred 38 NCR citizens. Originally declared as a "pacification campaign" to secure the I-Road from raiders and bandits, the campaign East resulted in the discovery of the still-functioning Hoover Dam, a potentially massive source of electricity. NCR quickly secured their portion of the Mojave, and moved to annex the lands surrounding the Hoover Dam. Although progress was initially fast, their efforts were hampered by the diplomatic intrigues of Mr. House, master of New Vegas, who perhaps rightly suspected that a takeover of the Dam and an entrenchment of the NCR position would mean the inevitable annexation of the rich city-state of New Vegas, situated on the NCR's side of the Colorado River. Covertly funding groups of Southwestern raiders like the Fiends and the Rapids in the hopes that their violent presence would weaken the political appetite of the NCR for further casualties in the Mojave, Mr. House underestimated the will of Aaron Kimball's hardline government to permanently secure the Mojave, as well as Hoover Dam's precious energy. Mr. House was further blindsided when a high-ranking Fiend, in 1970, in a plea deal reached with suspicious NCR military police, scrounged up irrefutable evidence that Mr. House's nigh-bottomless wealth was the source of much raider agitation in the Mojave. In 1971, as the NCR mobilized for a full-fledged invasion of New Vegas, House was left with only three prospects: 1.) accept the end gently, 2.) accept the end harshly, or 3.) roll the dice. He went with the third option, and sent couriers to the Bull of the East, the Legion.

The Legion's early history is relatively unknown and probably mostly irrelevant to the stance they find themselves in by 1971. NCR historians agree one only two things: that one, its early nucleus were a few particularly warlike tribes in eastern Arizona, and two, its first imperator, master, and dominator was a man now known as Caesar, whose vicious ability and ruthlessness propelled the Legion to dominate, by 1971, most of Arizona and Mexico, along with a few other scattered territories. The Legion had clashed with the NCR a number of times already, mostly along the Coloradan Bank. However, both nations were unaccustomed to meeting an opponent as existentially large, and different, as each other, and this unfamiliarity — which bred fear — kept the two nations' default stance to each other a warlike peace. The greatest clash between them, up to this point, was in 1964, where a probing attack by the Legion on Hoover Dam eventually spiralled into a week long battle. The Legion, having attacked into the fortified dam and being repulsed with massive casualties thereafter decided to focus their expansion into other territories, leaving their border with the NCR guarded but relatively uncontested. The victory for the NCR, on the other hand, left them complacent, and more and more of their forces were dedicated to anti-raider activities until the garrison along the Coloradan banks became only a token force.

By 1971, the most profitable conquests of the Legion had been far behind them; their immediate remaining conquests were the tough, relatively underdeveloped Coloradan tribe-lands and the Republic of the Rio Grande, a democratic semi-successor to pre-war Mexico and a treaty ally with both the NCR and the Provisional Texan Republic. Caesar had already been preparing for a war against the Mexicans (whom they thought would be abandoned by their NCR "allies") when House arrived to him with a threat and an opportunity — act now, or act never, before the NCR destroys New Vegas' independence and permanently consolidates the Mojave. If Caesar were to march west, however, House promised him that the raiders of the Mojave could make one last counter-attack, and in the chaos Caesar could easily overrun Hoover Dam (whose flimsy garrison had be further drained to supplement the Vegas invasion force) and the Mojave as a whole. House would even provide a hefty sum of war funds — all so long as Caesar promised him autonomy. So Caesar prepared his men for a Mojave War; but between the hardline government of Kimball, the conquesting desires of Caesar, and the deterioration of the NCR's border security, the war would rapidly escalate from its original limited goals.

3.) PLAYERS AND PLAYSTYLE; IE, THE SCENARIO'S GAMEY-BITS

Team NCR & Allies:
1.) THE NEW CALIFORNIAN REPUBLIC
GENERAL GAMEPLAN: An economic powerhouse caught surprised, with a large section of its economy and population unmobilized, the NCR will most likely be on the backfoot for most of the "early" and "mid" game, potentially up to T20. The NCR becomes in many ways far stronger as the game goes on, even if land is lost; its unit stats rapidly come up to par to the Legions, and later on in some ways overwhelm it, reinforcement buildings become available, and income mobilization is generated. What's more, around T25 (I'm unsure exactly when), REALLY PAINFUL STUFF happens to the Legion that should just about cripple them, or at least hamper them severely. So the NCR's goal is to just survive, survive, survive — easy, right?

Well, not quite. The Legion's early game advantage should not be understated. Their units will probably eat your barely-trained conscripts up (hopefully not literally). You don't even get a dedicated attack unit until, I think, T8. But more than anything perhaps is the need for the NCR to micro; raiders will constantly harass you in front you'd probably rather forget, and if you let them grow too big, they can and may very well snowball into your richest provinces.

2.) MEX/TEX/COLORADO
GENERAL GAMEPLAN: You're quite similar to the NCR, honestly. Your power levels balloon arguably even harder — Texas will join the war t11 or so, I think, while Colorado is probably a front you'll win, assuming the Legion doesn't pour too much into it; but that comes at the cost of being even more fragile early game. Wall like mad and wait for Texas. Your survival can make the T25-ish REALLY PAINFUL EVENTS even worse — there are quite a few free units generated for you, and even a "civil war" event meant to punish the Legion for letting you live :-). So live! If the Legion straight up chooses to ignore you — and he/she might — feel free to overwhelm the Cartel's/Raider's hold on Western Mexico, dedicate more resources to Colorado (it's easy to take Flagstaff from there, and that's a lot of income/reinfs you can cut off), and just generally make the Legion's reinforcement and income values drop down down down.

Team Legion & Allies:
1.) Caesar's Legion
GENERAL GAMEPLAN: Kill the NCR quick, or kill Mexico quick, or, I don't know — just grow. Get stronger, make the enemies weaker, be aggressive. Once their late game units and economies come online, you might not get the chance. Your elite units generally focus on attack over defense, and you, as the player, should be focusing on attacking as hard as you can. To prevent counterattacks, there is a strong building — the Legion Pallisade - that either becomes available relatively quickly or simply is available from the start. NCR artillery and Texan fatmen-launchers will probably eventually make it obsolete. Turn 25-ish (I think), — spoilers — Caesar's death triggers a whole bunch of nasty events involving slave revolts (lots of enemy units spawned in your "core" territories"), possible civil war (depending on if Mex lives), and income debuffs. If the NCR isn't half dead by then, you'll probably be completely dead (in game) soon.

2.) Raider Groups
GENERAL GAMEPLAN: Oh yeahhhhh baby, the "fun" nation to play. Maybe, idk. Maybe I just like the playstyle. Your units are awful, and although you get what I'd call slightly better ones as time goes on, your units will remain subpar and outmatched by NCR — even mid-game, I think. But what they lack in stats, they make up for in NUMBERS — both in variety and in population! You will get a bunch of early game event units allowing you to pressure the NCR on multiple fronts — your soldiers dwell in the rocky Eastern Cali mountains, the Northern oregon tribes, and
Caricamento...
Caricamento...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Termini di servizio | Insegne | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Raggiungici su

Diffondi il verbo